About First Step Daycare
Who we are:
The First Step Day Care Center is a non-profit corporation which is funded primarily through the following:
- Tuition paid by private and subsidized families. The First Step Daycare is a Site program with onsite ability to approve for childcare assistance.
- State and Federal Government funding through the I.D.H.S. (Illinois Department of Human Services) whose eligibility criteria were established by the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. Under this funding, the center is reimbursed for the day's subsidized children attend.
- Grant monies received through the United Way, UPS via Truist & UNITE and the Quality Counts Enrichment Grant.
- Revenue through fundraising efforts of the families, staff, and friends of the center.
What we do:
- To be a supportive agency for parents or legal guardians who are employed or enrolled in an educational or training program.
- To further each childs social, emotional, physical, cognitive and language development by providing a daycare program that will positively challenge and encourage each child to achieve his or her individual potential while providing a safe, consistent and enriched environment where developmentally appropriate activities encourage exploration and "hands-on" learning experiences.
- To provide consistently high-quality care by continuously evaluating Center operations.
- To constantly encourage parent visitation, input, and participation.
- The First Step Daycare also strives to support our community!